AAA Tow to Go Program -2013-2014
Beginning October 31, 2013 at 9:00pm until January 1, 2014 at 6:00am, AAA Tidewater Virginia will offer the Tow to Go program in Hampton Roads. This program is for the Greater Hampton Roads area only (cities listed below). The single goal of the program is get the individual and their vehicle home safely.
- The program is in effect beginning at 9:00 PM on October 31, 2013 until 6:00 AM, January 1, 2014.
- Motorists, can call (757) 631-1700 and request a free Tow To Go home during this holiday season. Callers simply tell the dispatcher, "I need a Tow To Go," to receive both the free tow and ride home.
- The program is available to AAA members and non-members at no charge.
- The program is not a substitute for designated drivers.
- Service will be provided to the requesting individual only, no stand-ins.
- No reservations allowed.
- The requesting individual must be with the vehicle at time of service and have the keys to the vehicle.
- The only service that is to be provided under the “Tow to Go” is towing to the individual’s residence. No light service will be provided under the “Tow to Go”.
- AAA and our contractors will not provide service in situations involving law enforcement, i.e. DUI accident tows unless requested to do so by law enforcement.
- This program provides towing within the Greater Hampton Roads area only which includes the Cities of Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Newport News, Hampton, Poquoson, Yorktown and Williamsburg, VA.
- Service will be provided to “regular” vehicles only – no large trucks or RV’s.
- Convenience tows are not covered. For example, if an individual wants the vehicle towed from one bar to another or from a bar to a shopping center, etc. (towing to residence only).
- The tow truck will only allow the owner/driver of the vehicle and one other rider in the tow truck.