VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (December 1, 2016) – According to a new AAA survey, two out of three U.S. drivers do not trust auto repair shops in general – citing overcharges, recommendations for unnecessary services and poor past experiences for their lack of...
The 2015 Tesla Model S P85D earned the top score in the AAA Green Car Guide, AAA Tidewater announced today. The Palo Alto-based automaker’s car is featured with more than 80 other green vehicles in the 2015 AAA Green Car Guide. The top-scoring and best...
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA (March 20, 2015) – The next big thing in all things automotive is already here. This time around the sensors and the software and even safety, will trump the chrome and the chassis and most other factors, including horsepower and...
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va., (December 9, 2014) – AAA’s Automotive Engineering experts are confident new advanced driver assistance technologies like blind-spot monitoring and lane-departure warning systems have great potential to keep drivers safer, as long ...
AAA tested three vehicles equipped with automatic stop-start systems using the EPA’s “urban” driving cycle. With the automatic start-stop system engaged, the vehicles delivered improved fuel economy of up to seven percent over tests with the automatic ...
The Automobile Club of Southern California’s Automotive Research Center has announced the Tesla S P85 as its top-scoring green car pick this year. The Palo Alto-based automaker’s car is featured with more than 80 other green vehicles in the latest AAA Green Car Guide.
For the past few years, the Commonwealth of Virginia has observed Distracted Driving Awareness Month in April. During this 30-day period, safety advocates across the Commonwealth have initiated educational campaigns on the dangers of distracted driving with the goal of saving lives on Virginia roadways, as distracted driving continues to be recognized as a top danger behind the wheel.
Each year, approximately 97 percent of vehicle batteries are recycled. Unfortunately, the remaining 3 percent add up to millions of pounds of lead and gallons of sulfuric acid. These can be discharged into the environment, creating health and safety hazards for humans and animals, as well as a potential fire hazard.
With freezing overnight temperatures expected this week, AAA reminds motorists that the extremely cold weather is tough on vehicles, especially your car battery. Traditionally, car batteries last an average of 37 months in a moderate climate, but now, the average life of a battery can be as little as 2 years because of the large amount of power required by the average ‘modern’ car and driver, according to AAA Tidewater Virginia Roadside Assistance Program.
As Virginia faces another threat for ice and snow, AAA Tidewater Virginia urges motorists to be prepared. According to crash facts provided by the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), snow, sleet and ice caused havoc for over 13 percent of crashes and sadly an average of eight people perish each year in the Commonwealth due to these conditions.
AAA Tidewater Virginia is a member club affiliated with the American
Automobile Association (AAA) national federation and serves members in the Tidewater
Virginia region (All Hampton Roads cities, including Norfolk, Chesapeake, Suffolk,
Portsmouth, Virginia Beach, Hampton, Newport News, Williamsburg; Virginia's Eastern Shore;
as well as the following counties: Greensville, Surry, Brunswick, Isle of Wight, Gloucester,
Lancaster, Middlesex, Richmond County, Southampton, Sussex, Mecklenburg, James City County,
York, Lunenburg, Essex, King & Queen, Mathews, Northumberland, and Westmoreland).