WHAT: AAA’s Senior Driver Expo is coming to Virginia Beach Virginia, to provide area senior drivers and their adult children with tools to help assess and improve driving skills, reduce driving risks and assist an increasing number of American families in dealing with senior mobility challenges.
This FREE Expo will give seniors and their families a hands-on opportunity to sample AAA’s research-based senior driver safety and mobility resources such as:
- AAASeniors.com – A one-stop online resource that offers expert advice and science-based tools and programs to help families navigate the issues associated with senior driving and mobility.
- AAA Roadwise Review – A computer-based screening tool that allows users to measure the functional abilities scientifically linked to crash risk among older drivers.
- CarFit – A community-based program that offers older adults the opportunity to check how well their personal vehicles “fit” them for maximum comfort and safety.
- Smart Features for Mature Drivers – A guide that identifies vehicle features that can assist drivers with the visual, physical, and mental changes that are frequently encountered as they age.
- Roadwise Rx – An information online resource to allow seniors to know the facts about medications and the affects it may have on driving behaviors.
According to AAA research, nearly one-in-three Americans don’t know where to turn for help and support on senior driver mobility, and some put off talking to their parents about this critical safety issue. AAA’s Senior Driver Expo can help fill this major void. AAA Tidewater and other community organizations will be on hand providing information, hands-on activities and reso
WHEN: October 2, 2014
8:30 am until 12:30 pm
WHERE: Simon Family Jewish Community Center
5000 Corporate Woods Drive
Virginia Beach, VA
HOW: Sign up at AAA.com/seniorexpo or call 757-233-3889 for information
CONTACT: Georjeane Blumling, AAA Tidewater
Office 233-3825 Cell 236-5933