VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (Feb. 19, 2020) - AAA has unveiled the 2020 Five and Four Diamond list, comprising of 3 hotels and 5 restaurants in the Hampton Roads area. AAA is proud to once again bestow the AAA Five Diamond rating to The Williamsburg Inn in Williamsburg along with 2 additional hotels and 5 restaurants in the Commonwealth with the prestigious AAA Four Diamond destination.
“AAA Five Diamond hotels and restaurants represent the best of AAA’s transformed Diamond Program,” said Holly Dalby, director of public affairs for AAA Tidewater Virginia. “These hotels and restaurants consistently exceed expectations by providing their guests highly personalized, memorable experiences. They truly represent the upper echelon of the hospitality industry.”
The Williamsburg Inn in Williamsburg has held the Five Diamond Designation for three consecutive years. Constructed in 1936, this regency-style inn historically decorated in exquisite detail and has a regal aura, featuring silk drapes and bedding, antiques and fine artwork throughout.
“AAA is pleased to recognize the Williamsburg Inn located in Williamsburg Virginia, with the Five Diamond Rating, meaning its unwavering attention to both service and surroundings have placed it into the upper echelon of AAA Inspected & Approved hotels,” said Dalby. “Five Diamond properties consistently exceed expectations to deliver a highly personalized, memorable experience far above the ordinary.”
Four Diamond hotels:
- The Cavalier, Autograph Collection Hotel (2018) in Virginia Beach – Sitting on a grassy hill, this grand hotel has been reborn in 2018 with a distinctive style that melds the past and the future.
- The Kingsmill Resort (1990) in Williamsburg – This sprawling resort on the banks of the James River offers extensive golf facilities, a full-service spa, a new family pool with lazy river and waterslide, and a beach area with water sports.
Four Diamond restaurants:
- Becca (2018) in Virginia Beach – This grand dining room offers tables in the sunny gallery overlooking the garden as well as the romantic main dining room.
- Fat Canary (2004) in Williamsburg – This stylish spot overlooks historic Merchants Square but is all modern inside, with crisp lines and creative gourmet fare that changes seasonally to offer fresh regional ingredients.
- Rockefeller (2017) in Williamsburg – This restaurant is located in the stately Williamsburg Inn. The elegant dining room decor is a perfect blend of modernity and Colonial design.
- Salacia (2006) in Virginia Beach – Classic New York steakhouse meets the beach at the Hilton's Salacia. Guests sit on leather banquettes in the elegant dining room or look out over the beach from romantic patio tables under gas lanterns.
- Zoe’s (2015) in Virginia Beach - This self-proclaimed fusion steakhouse is a stylish spot near the beach featuring modern and creative dishes with influences from Asia to the American South.
To see the complete lists of 2020 AAA Four and Five Diamond hotels and restaurants, visit AAA.com/DiamondAwards. To see which cities and states have the most award winners, see AAA Four Diamond and Five Diamond facts.
In January, AAA unveiled a contemporized version of its highly acclaimed AAA Diamond Program, modernized to meet the needs of today’s travelers. A new Diamond designation reflecting AAA’s professional inspector reviews using updated guidelines sets the program apart from services that rely on unverified hotel and restaurant ratings. For more information, visit AAA.com/Diamonds.
About the AAA Diamond Program
For more than 80 years, AAA’s professional inspectors have conducted in-person property evaluations. AAA is the only entity using comprehensive, on-site professional hotel and restaurant evaluations guided by member priorities. AAA’s inventory includes some 60,000 Diamond hotels and restaurants across the United States, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. Travelers can find AAA Diamond hotels and restaurants and inspector insight in AAA’s trip planning products: AAA Mobile app, AAA Travel Guides, TripTik Travel Planner and the AAA TourBook guides available to members at AAA offices. For more information, visit AAA.com/Diamonds.
As part of North America’s largest motoring and leisure travel organization, AAA Tidewater Virginia provides its more than 330,000 members with travel, insurance, financial and automotive-related services. Since its founding AAA Tidewater Virginia has been a leader and advocate for the safety and security of all travelers. For more information, visit AAA.com and follow us on Twitter at Twitter.com/AAATidewaterVA or Facebook at facebook.com/AAATidewaterVirginia.